Valkyrie is an opinionated development stack that makes Features/git based Drupal development easy.
- Everything is wrapped up neatly in a VM. This keeps your computer tidy and Valkyrie consistent across various machines.
- Folders in the VM are mounted on your computer via NFS to make developing with your favorite editor easy (we like Vim).
- Automatic domain resolution using vagrant-dns on Macs or Avahi on Linux systems (we haven't tested this on Windows, sorry). Each site you create on Valkyrie will get an automatically resovling domain name which keeps you from needing to hack your /etc/hosts file.
- Drush extensions to make all kinds of common development tasks easy.
- Automatic Drush aliases for running commands against sites inside the VM.
To install Valkyrie, you should be able to simply run:
drush dl valkyrie
Valkyrie provides a number of Drush commands, which are well documented within Drush itself. Run the following to review these commands:
drush help --filter=valkyrie
To begin using Valkyrie you'll need to create a project:
drush vnew valkyrie
This will take a while so go grab a coffee/beer. Once that process is complete, you should be able tp access the front-end:
drush @v uli
- Platform management
- ??? - Request additional features in a PR. Even better, implement it in PR as well :)
We are firm proponents of Free Software. Valkyrie only exists because of the ongoing efforts of many other projects including: Aegir, Ansible, Drupal, Drush, Git, GNU/Linux, Vagrant and VirtualBox.